Thursday, October 9, 2008

Farming

Last night we were going to take Jace farming with Pop (Tom) and Farmer Kyle (my cousin). As we were on our way out there they had decided to stop combining corn and switch to sugar beets which would take a couple hours for the change over. I knew Jace would not handle not being able to go farming because he was so excited so we meet Kyle in the combine and he got to ride about 10 miles back to the farm. Jace's exact words "this combine is HUGE"!!!
I asked him if I should ride with and he told me no, to go home mom
Times have really changed since I have been farming last, they make a passenger seat in the cab now. No more sitting on laps or a 1 inch arm rest.




When they got back to the farm Kyle thought this would be a cool picture, Jace is on top of the combine cab.



After the combine ride Jace wanted to ride with Pop in the tractor.


And drive Truck



Pop taught him where the big air horn was. Jace was pretty proud he could make that much noise!!


Supervising on what needed to be done next



Jace even had to get grandma in the truck to haul sugar beets too
I asked Jace what are sugar beets and he told me they make suckers, cookies, candy and milk.



1 comment:

James, Keisha, Nevaeh, Bodin, Jaxtin said...

I have trying to find a time to get the kids out there too. He sure told you about the sugar!